Mental Health & Addictions
Dr. Donna Marks
No more treatment centers or inadequate outpatient therapies.
At some point, most families are confronted with painful events that they cannot overcome. Once or twice-weekly therapy or even residential is not enough to break unwanted patterns. When traditional therapy and treatment have failed, Dr. Marks offers a new and effective approach.
I’m a licensed Mental Health Counselor, addictions specialist, and psychoanalyst with over 30 years of experience. I recognize that people who are in patterns they can not break need a therapist available to them for intensive work and on an as-needed basis.
Most treatments on recovery from addiction or a mental health diagnosis address the symptoms but not the underlying causes. Even when the underlying causes are addressed, it’s not enough. I teach people the tools for how to integrate feelings and communicate them effectively. Learning self-love is the key to a fulfilling life.
- Our therapeutic relationship provides a true picture of your actual life and enough support to help you achieve your goals. Unlike your relationships with family and friends, I will be able to guide you through your blocks.
- Most of us are repeating patterns of behavior that we learned in our families of origin, which we unconsciously adopt. I identify those patterns and teach alternatives.
- With family and associates involved in the work, I have a comprehensive picture of the entire system – what’s working and what’s not working.
- Patients learn how to recognize how they react to themselves and others (with fear) and then learn how to reverse that process with love.
Unlike most treatment programs, I want you to feel comfortable inviting your family members or inner circle to aid the healing process.
If you are trying to heal within an environment that doesn’t understand what’s going on, it reduces your chances of success. That’s why I encourage you to include your support system in part of your treatment. However, once you learn self-love, your family will be able to respond differently to you, whether they have participated or not.
We can meet in person – in my office or a mutually agreed upon location. After that, we can conduct your follow-up sessions in person or through teletherapy via Zoom.
Once you learn how to care for yourself, you’ll find that self-defeating behavior has lost its value because it interferes with your peace of mind. Ineffective behaviors will be replaced with genuine self-fulfillment as the life you were destined to lead finds its way to you.
Dr. Mark’s Three-Step Process
- The first step is a comprehensive diagnostic session, which establishes your goals and a customized treatment plan.
- The second step is to address your symptom’s underlying cause. Everyone who experiences long-term suffering does so because of unresolved grief from the past. Together, we will work through that unresolved pain, so it is no longer a driving force in self-destructive behavior.
- The third step focuses on replacing your self-defeating behavior with self-love. You’ll be shown tools you haven’t previously learned, like how to feel rather than zoning out and how to express your authentic self with love and clarity.
What You Can Expect from Me
- You will have total access to me for brief phone calls, text messages, or email twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, when necessary. These services are included in your fee.
- In addition to intensive therapy, I will provide you with an unlimited number of hours of treatment (one-hour sessions) that will be determined based on our identified needs during the life of the contract.
- You will have access to my vault of written articles, books, videos, podcasts, and all of my online courses and programs.
- I will give you personalized assistance with appointment scheduling and reminders for appointments.
- I will provide you with enhanced communication and coordination of your care with other professionals if needed.
- I will give you a comprehensive assessment of conditions, causes, and your specific goals.
- We will schedule remote face-to-face sessions via Zoom or FaceTime when you can’t meet in person.
- You will receive a VIP invitation to all of my live workshops (Coronavirus permitting).
- I will work with your family members, relatives, friends, and co-workers whom you consider to be part of your inner circle.
“I realized I was always trying to fill this big empty hole in my gut with power, money, sex or religion. What I'm realizing by doing this inner work is that the missing piece for me all along was self-love.”Steve B.Business Owner
“Dr. Marks teaches you how to heal from the inside, face the trauma that caused you to want to do these drugs in the first place, heal it, and just love yourself. Through loving yourself you connect with others better.”Alexis K.Realtor
“If it wasn't for Dr. Marks, I'd be dead. I am a product of prescription medication.”Paula T.Out of the Maze
“In my work with Donna, she helped me to tap into my creative voice that I never had before.”Tom G.Out of the Maze
Get in touch with Dr Donna Marks
Start a conversation
I will personally get back to you as soon as I’m available
Dr. Donna Marks has been an author, consultant, public speaker, and psychotherapist for over thirty years. She was licensed as a Mental Health Counselor in 1987 and then certified in Addiction, Gestalt Therapy, Hypnosis, Sex Therapy, and Psychoanalysis. She currently has a concierge psychotherapy practice in Palm Beach, Florida.
She has appeared on numerous podcasts and local television. She is the author of two books, Learn Grow Forgive – A Path to Spiritual Success, and Exit the Maze: One Addiction, One Cause, One Solution (revised), and winner of multiple book awards. Her next book, The Healing Moment: Seven Keys to Turn Messes into Miracles, will be released in 2023.